BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Controversial Gender Experiment

A. Did the Doctors take the right course of action after the accidental mutalation.?
No, The doctors and the parents should have known better. This was the reason why he committed suicide. all though he married and raised three stepchildren in the back of his head he had severe trauma.It was a big impact in his life knowing he had been raised as a girl when he was really a boy.

B. What other methods or actions could have been taken?.
Im my opinion anything would have been better than raising HIM as a HER. This was obviously the wrong choice, too bad the doctors and the parents didn't think about the major consequences the hormone treatments could have done.

C. Who is to blame and how can this be avoided in the future.
Its ludicrous to think about David's parents agreeing to such "advice". I blame the parents for letting their SON go though such life. This obviously caused some mental issues. They basically made their child a "Human experiment"

D. Your overall thoughts and comments on this topic.
I saw a show about the Joan-John case and i was amazed that a parent would put their child though such torment. To this day i still cant understand why doctors would do this. Davis was a human just like any of us, and he deserved to live as one.

10 comments:

Emiel's blog said...

i see where your getting at i kinda have similar feelings about what happened to this young boy

Jessie said...

I agree with you about how anyone's parents would be able to do something so cruel like that to their own kids. It's not right to just let their kids become a human experiment. His parents caused him to have severe trauma which resulted in suicide. Parents like his are unbelievible.

Angelo's Blog said...

agreed.

George said...

Morning.

To start off with question A, I too feel that something could have been done that would have led to a better outcome than the one the Doctors and Reimer's parents created. With that said, regarding question B, I too feel that something could have probably been done to keep Reimer the way he was, and not ultimately change his sexuality, mentality, etc. As for question C, I agree that the parents are to blame, but I think the Doctors should be taking a big amount of the blame as well. Finally, regarding your overall thoughts and opinion on this topic, I agree that David deserved a better life that shouldn't have been altered the way it was. I never heard of the Joan-John case prior to this assignment, I'll have to look out for that show.

Common Language said...

Its hard to say becouse when it first happend he was to small to have his own say on what happens to him but I think that the parents were acting in the childs best intersts.

Anonymous said...

juliana, i agree with you but i think its a matter of luck.

Anonymous said...

juliana, i agree with you, but i think its a matter of luck too

chun lo said...

I got the same feeling too.

Devon Graham said...

Yes, the doctors are definitely the ones to blame. The things they put this man through is terrible. Getting made fun of ect. This finally caught up to him forcing him to take action and commit sucicide.

Anonymous said...

agree but i think its a matter of fate.